Dental Veneers in Sherwood Park
Dental veneers are thin, custom-made shells having the same color as of the original teeth. They are designed to cover the front surface of the teeth to improve their appearance. They are also known as porcelain veneers or dental porcelain laminates. These shells are attached to the front of the teeth to change their size, shape, color, or length.
Most commonly, dental veneers are made with porcelain. However, they can also be made from resin composite materials. Dental veneers resist stains better than resin veneers and have a near-perfect look just like the natural teeth. Your dentist can advise you on which veneer material is most suitable for your teeth.
Problems that Dental Veneers Fix
Some of the problems of dental veneers fixes are:
- Teeth that are discolored due to different reasons like root canal treatments or stains from tea, coffee, or other drugs. The dental veneers also fix resin fillings that discolor the teeth.
- Teeth that are worn down.
- Broken or chipped teeth.
- Misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped teeth.
- Teeth having gaps between them that need to be filled.
Procedure of Getting a Dental Veneer
Getting a dental veneer is a long procedure that requires at least three visits to the dentist. The following is the process for providing dental veneers:
- Treatment Planning – In this phase, the patient has to participate actively. The patient has to discuss the desired result so that the doctor may plan the treatment after taking some X-rays to design the ideal veneers.
- Preparation – In order to prepare the tooth for a veneer, the dentist will remove about ½ a millimeter of enamel from the tooth’s surface. This amount is exactly the same as the thickness of the veneer. This involves the use of local anesthesia.
- Bonding – This is the final phase where the veneers are attached to the teeth.
Dental veneers can give you that perfect smile that you dreamt of. If you have any issues like the ones discussed above, consult our dentist about dental veneers in Sherwood Park at Park Mall Dental Centre today. All services performed by a general dentist.